National Sheep Improvement Program- NSIP
The National Sheep Improvement Program (NSIP) is committed to helping American sheep producers improve profitability through the use of genetic information. NSIP and its membership recognize the importance of combining genetic evaluations derived from performance records with visual assessments when selecting breeding stock for purebred and commercial flocks.
The Katahdin breed is the first breed of sheep in the United States with genomic enhanced EBV’s. Katahdin breeders are leading the way for the future of the sheep industry.
Basic NSIP Information:
- About NSIP
- NSIP Katahdins
- Join NSIP
- NSIP on Facebook
- NSIP “Marketplace” on Facebook
- NSIP Katahdin Contact: Tom Hodgeman
- Join our discussion listserv on groups.io– search for katnsip and request to join (this has replaced the old yahoogroups discussion list, which is no longer supported).
- NSIP 2020 Katahdin Genetic Trends
- 2021 Northeast NSIP Workshop Series
Check out the Katahdin Sheep NSIP Buyer’s Guide by clicking the image: